Thursday, February 5, 2009

I realized!!

I know I am a woman...
You don't need to remind me! I realized it when they did not celebrate at my birth...
I know I am a woman…
you don't need to remind me! I realized it when they said I need to carry purdah...
I know I am a woman...
You don't need to remind me! I realized it when they said I don't need to study further…
I Know I am a woman…
You don't need...! When they wanted to get me married to a person double my age...
I Know I am a woman...
You don't need…! When they accused me, abused me and left me broken…
I know I am a women...
the society reminded me again and again of the challenges and limitations I would face being a women. But today…it's a fresh feeling coz I have learnt to fight, to answer back, to win…. to enjoy my existence Thanks to all the reminders...
I am no longer only a woman but a new strong women with no limitations...

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!!! Are you kidding me... Woman this is amazing!!! I seriously have no words to express how beautiful this poem is.. you're awesomely talented girl

    Love Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this piece.. ur writings are very thoughtful.. please please write more often... the words means a lot to me...u are a great writer!!

    Raga

    ReplyDelete